Just in case you think of Iraq as only an oil rich nation, ruled by an evil
dictator for 30 years, whether it has been supporting terrorists or may not
be important, here are a few important facts regarding the history and roles
this nation has played down through history!
IRAQ -- DID YOU KNOW??????
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. (it doesn't look much like Paradise
today, thanks to Saddam)
2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.
13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (JESUS has been in Iraq
too as the 4th person in the fiery furnace)
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq. (where are the "wise" men today?)
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon which was
a city in Iraq.
And, you have probably seen this. Israel is the nation most often mentioned
in the Bible. Do you know which nation is second? Iraq!
However, the names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and
Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between
the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep
Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the
Bible. Here's why:
* Eden was in Iraq--Genesis 2:10-14
* Adam & Eve were created in Iraq--Genesis 2:7-8
* Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq--Genesis 3:1-6
* Nimrod established Babylon & Tower of Babel was built in Iraq-- Genesis
10:8-97 & 11:1-4
* The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq--Genesis 11:5-11
* Abraham came from a city in Iraq--Genesis 11:31 & Acts 7:2-4
* Isaac's bride came from Iraq--Genesis 24:3-4 & 10
* Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq--Genesis 27:42-45 & 31:38
* The first world Empire was in Iraq--Daniel 1:1-2 &2:36-38
* The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq--Jonah 3
* The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq--Esther
* The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq--Nahum
* The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon, which was the old
name for Iraq--Revelation 17 & 18
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated